• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jasondenning

jasondenning

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:19 AM

How does one export a note with the audio?  I am using the android app, and I cannot find any  option to export a note with the audio attached.  If it is not possible to export a note with attached audio (this *is* a feature that should be available), is it possible to export the audio separately?

I have been a Livescribe user for several years, and my general use-case is to record audio in meetings and use the pen to "bookmark" specific points in the audio for later review.  In my opinion, this is the killer feature of using a smartpen.  I'd love to use my N2 more, but I definitely need a way to export/backup recorded audio, preferably linked to the written note.

Thanks!

#2 neoLAB North America

neoLAB North America

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 313 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:46 AM

Jason,

Thanks for your question and comments.

Right now the audio is fully integrated into the NeoNotes app and as you know can not be exported.

We fully understand your requirement and do have it under consideration.

Regards

NeoLAB

#3 jasondenning

jasondenning

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:09 AM

Thanks for the reply!  In that case, could you perhaps explain which files should be copied in order to backup and restore the notes/audio to another device?

Thanks!

#4 Young Kyun Rha

Young Kyun Rha

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:17 AM

Thanks for the reply!  In that case, could you perhaps explain which files should be copied in order to backup and restore the notes/audio to another device?

Thanks!

Hello Jason, 

Notes can be exported by going into page menu(the three emerald dots) and selecting 'Share'.

We are currently developing a more comprehensive back-up solution to enable users to back-up files inside Neo notes to other devices. Please understand the difficulty of sharing a specific release timeline.

Thank you very much for your support. 

#5 jasondenning

jasondenning

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:33 AM

Hi, thanks for your reply!  Yes, I understand how to 'share' the note - my question is, what files do I need to backup to transfer the notes with *audio* to another copy of Neo notes on another device?

Thanks!

#6 Young Kyun Rha

Young Kyun Rha

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:29 PM

Hi, thanks for your reply!  Yes, I understand how to 'share' the note - my question is, what files do I need to backup to transfer the notes with *audio* to another copy of Neo notes on another device?

Thanks!

Hello Jason, 

We believe we were not clear enough in the communication. Currently, you cannot export the associated audio files along with your notes. The back-up solution that I had mentioned comes in this context. We are currently working on a solution to enable users to export their audio files along with their notes.

We will have to ask for your generous patience. Thank you very much for your active participation

Cheers! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users