Photo

Pen not charging or doesn't charge past 50%.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 trouble

trouble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:39 AM

Hi

I have been having issues with my unit staying charged. While it was running firmware 1.0 and 1.01 it would charge to 100% but after only minutes of use the battery would go down to 80% and then down to 20% not long after.

Since i upgraded to 1.02 it has sat at 50% for the 8 hours today, and it was on the charger for 3 hours yesterday. 

I have tried 2 micro usb cables, and 2 different chargers. I have a meter on my cable showing the pen is drawing 0.14A charging at 5.01v. when i first plug the cable in it draws 0.31A, but drops down shortly after.

I just checked again now and the battery is now showing 60%. i 'disconnect' the pen from Neo Notes, so its not like the BT should be slowing it down, and the lid is on the pen with the white light on. I turned the pen off (hold down button until the light went off), but now the meter is showing the pen is only drawing 0.03A - so doesnt seem to be charging at all.

Can you advise what i need to do for it to charge, and also how long is the expected battery life?

Thanks

#2 trouble

trouble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:09 AM

Hi

After my last post i plug this into a Apple USB charger and held the power button down until the white light went off then it went red. After some time (less then an hour) the light went off and when i connected it to my phone the charge level was 100%. I then put the lid back on and noticed about 20 mins later that the light wasn't blinking white anymore (which would make sense as i have it set to sleep after 10 mins). This morning i started to write and the white light came on and connecting it to my phone its showing its only 40% charged.

This cant be expected behavior, can it? Discharge 60% over night with no use? 

#3 trouble

trouble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:12 AM

OK some more testing makes me feel quite dissapointed by the N2's battery. After my last post i changed my sleep to 10 mins, and noticed the light turned off around that time. 2 hours later i turned the pen on and checked the battery - it was down to 90%. I turned the pen off again. Now i turned it on, and once again the battery is down to 40%. Looks like this auto-on feature is sucking the battery more aggressively then its useful. At this rate even if you dont use the pen at all, it will not make 2 days.

#4 NeoLAB Convergence

NeoLAB Convergence

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 201 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:56 PM

OK some more testing makes me feel quite dissapointed by the N2's battery. After my last post i changed my sleep to 10 mins, and noticed the light turned off around that time. 2 hours later i turned the pen on and checked the battery - it was down to 90%. I turned the pen off again. Now i turned it on, and once again the battery is down to 40%. Looks like this auto-on feature is sucking the battery more aggressively then its useful. At this rate even if you dont use the pen at all, it will not make 2 days.

Hi

After my last post i plug this into a Apple USB charger and held the power button down until the white light went off then it went red. After some time (less then an hour) the light went off and when i connected it to my phone the charge level was 100%. I then put the lid back on and noticed about 20 mins later that the light wasn't blinking white anymore (which would make sense as i have it set to sleep after 10 mins). This morning i started to write and the white light came on and connecting it to my phone its showing its only 40% charged.

This cant be expected behavior, can it? Discharge 60% over night with no use? 

Hi

I have been having issues with my unit staying charged. While it was running firmware 1.0 and 1.01 it would charge to 100% but after only minutes of use the battery would go down to 80% and then down to 20% not long after.

Since i upgraded to 1.02 it has sat at 50% for the 8 hours today, and it was on the charger for 3 hours yesterday. 

I have tried 2 micro usb cables, and 2 different chargers. I have a meter on my cable showing the pen is drawing 0.14A charging at 5.01v. when i first plug the cable in it draws 0.31A, but drops down shortly after.

I just checked again now and the battery is now showing 60%. i 'disconnect' the pen from Neo Notes, so its not like the BT should be slowing it down, and the lid is on the pen with the white light on. I turned the pen off (hold down button until the light went off), but now the meter is showing the pen is only drawing 0.03A - so doesnt seem to be charging at all.

Can you advise what i need to do for it to charge, and also how long is the expected battery life?

Thanks

Sorry for my late reply! 

N2 will charge only if the LED color is on (power on). If it's out, it won't charge. We'll need to see what's wrong with your pen. Could you send a private message to me regarding your Kickstarter ID and information?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users