1 reply to this topic

#1 noisebrain

noisebrain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:36 PM

Hello,

I love the physical design of the pen, and the IOS app is also fine. However, when a notebook is exported to PDF format, the pages are rasterized (bitmaps) rather than being the usual vector format expected with PDF.  This means the files are both low quality, and large.  For example, the display of a page within the Neo Notes IOS app is much better than the same page viewed in the exported PDF.

When the pen is mounted as a USB disk, I see a single .zip file that probably contains the notebook data.

If the format of this file was public, it would be possible (and maybe even easy) to write an exporter program

that would parse this, and generate a vector .pdf file.   

Could I ask for the format of the data stored on the Pen?   Is it possible to join the developer forum (I am a programmer)?

#2 neoLAB North America

neoLAB North America

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 313 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 26 October 2015 - 01:59 AM

Hello,

I love the physical design of the pen, and the IOS app is also fine. However, when a notebook is exported to PDF format, the pages are rasterized (bitmaps) rather than being the usual vector format expected with PDF.  This means the files are both low quality, and large.  For example, the display of a page within the Neo Notes IOS app is much better than the same page viewed in the exported PDF.

When the pen is mounted as a USB disk, I see a single .zip file that probably contains the notebook data.

If the format of this file was public, it would be possible (and maybe even easy) to write an exporter program

that would parse this, and generate a vector .pdf file.   

Could I ask for the format of the data stored on the Pen?   Is it possible to join the developer forum (I am a programmer)?

Hi,

We'll pass your request and comments onto the appropriate department.   Please also send an email to support@neplab.net with your request.

Regards

NeoLAB

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pdf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users