11 replies to this topic

#1 NeoLAB Convergence

NeoLAB Convergence

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:26 PM

Questions regarding pen settings

Dear Everybody, here are some basic FAQs for you. We'll keep updating the FAQ  :)

Power

Q. I can't charge the pen.

A. Use the suggested voltage for charging (5V) such as your smart phone charger.

Q. The power automatically turns off.

A. After 20 minutes without using, the pen will go on sleep mode. Also, check the pen battery (Connect to app, and check the upper right corner icon, it'll turn into white.)

Button

Q. The power button isn't turning on. 

A. Please check if the LED light turns on when changing. The color will turn into purple.  

Bluetooth connection

Q. Can I connect with multiple devices

A. Bluetooth technology only allows 1:1 paring.

Q. The pen and device isn't connecting.

A. Please check if the Bluetooth is on or off. Close the App and turn off the pen's power and try to connect from the beginning. 

Writing

Q. Writing contents are missing.

A. Hold the pen to the suggested angle (-20 degrees ~+40 degrees). Remove foreign substance in front of the recognition sensor.

Q. The pen isn't working properly outside.  

A. The pen can be affected by direct sunlight or strong lighting conditions.

Q. The end of the letter is missing in the app.  

A. You can set the pressure sensitivity through the app. (Setting - pen information - sensitivity settings)

Q. Can I use the pen in normal paper?

A. You cannot use N2 in normal paper. It requires a special paper provided by NeoLAB.

Consumables

Q. Where can I purchase notebooks and accessories? 

A. You can purchase notebooks and accessories through online stores and that provides NeoLAB products.

Q. What is the check mark sticker on the notebook?

A. The check mark will save & lock your old notebook and open a new one. You can manually unlock and save through the App by holding down the notebook cover image.

Q. What kind of refill pen tip should I use?

A. Search for 'D1 pen tipp' online. We recommend Zebra's D1 refill but you are free to use other brands. However, please try to avoid jell-ink type refills as it can interfere with the recognition.

App related (Android & iOS)

Q. Text recognition isn't working.

A. Text recognition can vary by your handwriting. If the letter size is not constant, or if the user writes up/downwards and not in a straight line, then it could affect the recognition. Currently, we are using MyScript's recognition engine which is known as the best handwriting recognition engine in the world.

Q. Where can I go to change auto on/off settings?

A. When the pen is connected to App, go to Settings > Pen info > auto on/off

Q. Where is the pen sound settings?

A. When connected to App, go to Settings > Pen info > Sound on/off

Q. Where is the pen firmware update?

A. When the pen is connected to app, go to Settings > pen firmware update (Only when a new firmware is updated).

Q. What is Add new (+) notebook for?

A. You can store different pages into one notebook. It'll help you organize your contents. Hold a page for 3 seconds and move to the desired notebook.

Q. How can I delete the written content in the page?

A. Select note > hold down the note > delete 

Q. Is there recording function?

A. The recording is done by the smart device and not the pen. To activate, go to your smart device settings > privacy settings > microphone > activate N2 App.

Q. Where does my text message store?

A. Once the handwritten letters are converted into text, you can copy/paste into different places. Later on, the text will be deleted.

Q. How can I sync with Evernote?

A. Create Evernote account, and go to Settings > Slide Evernote sync on. Press the Evernote sync button at the left bottom corner.

Q. how many languages are provided?

A. Currently we support English, Korean, Chinese, and Japanese.

App iOS

Q. How can I use language package in iPhone?

A. IOS provides basic languages such as Korean, Japanese and English.

Q. What is define? 

A. It is a basic dictionary function that is provided with the iOS platform

Q. Where is the iPad app?

A. iPad app is currently in development. 

• Josephkiz, Charleshape, Abecedocuril and 8 others like this

#2 Bba37

Bba37

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:27 PM

Thank you :)

• Ridgevok, GalenSn, ultdocs and 1 other like this

#3 Marq

Marq

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:28 AM

Not happy; IOS should have Chinese also.
  • GalenSn, ultdocs and juanitaym3 like this

#4 NeoLAB Convergence

NeoLAB Convergence

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 201 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:21 PM

Not happy; IOS should have Chinese also.

Noted!  :lol:

• GalenSn, ultdocs and juanitaym3 like this

#5 Guest_Kerri_*

Guest_Kerri_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:19 AM

My notes are not converting to digital text. Help?

#6 NeoLAB Convergence

NeoLAB Convergence

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:12 PM

My notes are not converting to digital text. Help?

Could you post an image on the App section? We'll try to solve your issue.

• ultdocs likes this

#7 Guest_Coertdup_*

Guest_Coertdup_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:29 PM

My grey note folder has the glue coming lose in the pen holder section. Lose on the left side.

I can't seem to edit this forum when I login with username coertdup so I can't upload picture

#8 Guest_S3_issue_*

Guest_S3_issue_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:06 AM

is the Samsung S3 basically working with the pen? I can't get a connection to the pen with mine...

#9 Bba37

Bba37

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:25 AM

@Guest_S3_issue_*

It works with my S3 mini.

• ultdocs likes this

#10 Marq

Marq

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 09:58 AM

Dear Neolab,

Can you commit to a timeline for adding Chinese text (traditional Chinese) to the IOS app?  I am feeling slightly misled here if the IOS app is considered 'complete' without the Chinese; as your images on the website and during the kickstarter campaign showed Chinese support without inference that it was only supported in Android.

Regards

• ultdocs likes this

#11 NeoLAB Convergence

NeoLAB Convergence

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 201 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:53 AM

Dear Neolab,

Can you commit to a timeline for adding Chinese text (traditional Chinese) to the IOS app?  I am feeling slightly misled here if the IOS app is considered 'complete' without the Chinese; as your images on the website and during the kickstarter campaign showed Chinese support without inference that it was only supported in Android.

Regards

Dear Marq, it's quite difficult to add people's request in small numbers. Could open a post in the forum page, with the title of 'Chinese language for iOS' and shout out to other bloggers? Once you gather enough 'views', it's easier for me to directly report it to the seniors. 

Warm regards :D

• ultdocs likes this

#12 Marq

Marq

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:24 PM

Neolab,

With all due respect, I bought this with the assumption that I would have Chinese translation support; Your promotion materials said as much; there was no mention of what basis this would be on.  Now as customers, we find it is only available on Android.  Am I to assume I have to make a switch to the Android system in order to cater to this 'feature' that is clearly still seen on your website?

Here are your company's website printscreen's and kickstarter page for your reference, showing what is clearly an 'iphonesque' graphic with the 4 languages.  The fact that we had no knowledge of how your app looked like only adds to the assumption that the feature is available under all systems.

Therefore, as consumers, I ASSUME that this is an inherent feature of the device; not an additional; and especially not a feature to be 'lobbied' for in the manner you suggested.  This is leaving a very bad impression to me.

I myself don't need the Chinese; However, my wife, who teaches Chinese definitely needs this; it is unacceptable to have this shown on your website in the manner your company did, without giving clear asterisks regarding the fact that functionality actually differs between different systems.

As much as I love your device, I dislike being 'tricked' more by poor marketing.  I'd ask that you reconsider your position and respond again.

Attached Thumbnails

• kickstarter page.jpg
  • Screen Shot showing Chinese Language Support.jpg
  • website 2.jpg

• ultdocs likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: faq, questions, app, pen, how to, settings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users