• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lbattraw

lbattraw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 04:39 PM

I recently got a N2 and have really enjoyed using it, but I recently ran into a problem using the Neo Notes app (IOS): it doesn't seem possible to email entire notebooks in SVG format.  This is very annoying, and to make matters worse it doesn't seem possible to save SVG to Google Drive/Dropbox, only sending page by page via email, which is very tedious and time-consuming for more than a couple pages.  I am very interested in being able to edit the vector data on each page and even tried creating a PDF of a notebook, hoping it would contain that vector data (Since PDF is essentially Postscript, based on vectors).  Unfortunately I soon found that the strokes/vectors are converted to a bitmap image for every page of the PDF file, which is worthless for my purposes.

Are there any plans to make it easier to send and save notebook data in SVG format?  Even creating PDFs with vector data instead of bitmaps would be fine, but there's no point in creating PDFs if you're just going to create bitmaps of the pages, might as well just create JPEGs instead since that makes it impossible to isolate and edit the stroke/vector data.

Best wishes-

Larry Battraw

• Stevennoms and ThosikSr like this

#2 lbattraw

lbattraw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:51 AM

Just a note to any Android users out there: apparently the engine that transforms the stroke data into PDF is different on Android and preserves all strokes as vector data that can then be edited in Illustrator or Inkscape (Free Illustrator alternative).  Not sure why it is different on IOS, kind of annoying, but at least there is a way to capture and back up all your notebooks in a vendor-neutral open format like PDF (Assuming you have access to an Android device).  Kudos to NeoLAB for making it easy to do so on Android, especially since you can save a PDF to Google Drive instead of having to mail it to yourself as a single SVG page.  Sure would nice to have this type of vector data preserved on IOS (As a PDF or perhaps a zip archive of all pages in a notebook in SVG format).

-Larry

• Stevennoms likes this

#3 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:45 PM

I recently got a N2 and have really enjoyed using it, but I recently ran into a problem using the Neo Notes app (IOS): it doesn't seem possible to email entire notebooks in SVG format.  This is very annoying, and to make matters worse it doesn't seem possible to save SVG to Google Drive/Dropbox, only sending page by page via email, which is very tedious and time-consuming for more than a couple pages.  I am very interested in being able to edit the vector data on each page and even tried creating a PDF of a notebook, hoping it would contain that vector data (Since PDF is essentially Postscript, based on vectors).  Unfortunately I soon found that the strokes/vectors are converted to a bitmap image for every page of the PDF file, which is worthless for my purposes.

Are there any plans to make it easier to send and save notebook data in SVG format?  Even creating PDFs with vector data instead of bitmaps would be fine, but there's no point in creating PDFs if you're just going to create bitmaps of the pages, might as well just create JPEGs instead since that makes it impossible to isolate and edit the stroke/vector data.

Best wishes-

Larry Battraw

Just a note to any Android users out there: apparently the engine that transforms the stroke data into PDF is different on Android and preserves all strokes as vector data that can then be edited in Illustrator or Inkscape (Free Illustrator alternative).  Not sure why it is different on IOS, kind of annoying, but at least there is a way to capture and back up all your notebooks in a vendor-neutral open format like PDF (Assuming you have access to an Android device).  Kudos to NeoLAB for making it easy to do so on Android, especially since you can save a PDF to Google Drive instead of having to mail it to yourself as a single SVG page.  Sure would nice to have this type of vector data preserved on IOS (As a PDF or perhaps a zip archive of all pages in a notebook in SVG format).

-Larry

Dear Larry

Thank you for reaching out us.

I am going to answer you point by point.

• I am sorry for the inconvenience you are going through. Currently, it is not possible to import to Google Drive or Dropbox as SVG file format. 
  • Currently, you should export page by page as SVG file format.
  • Yes. Stroke data in PDF is different from Android to iOS. It's soon to be updated to choose what version users want to export to. 
  • I will deliver your inconvenience to appropriate department so that those issues to be improved.

If you have more query, please do not hesitate to ask.

Warm regards,

NeoLAB

• Stevennoms likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users