This may go without saying ... but just in case the reader hasn't thought of this yet ... it is possible to have identical notebooks (exact pages and everything) on two different iOS devices ... if you're willing to perform workarounds as described below:
Determine to use one device to sync from the pen. I chose to use my iPad ...
Now, to get the data from my iPad over to my iPhone ...
- From iTunes on a computer, connect the iPad (or your source device).
- Click on the icon for your device ( the iPad in my case)
- Select Apps under the Summary section on the left hand side
- Scroll down to find Neo Notes in the list of apps, and click on that app
- you should see all the DATA FILES and FOLDERS that are being used for that app
- Highlight all of those data files (files and folders), and copy them to your desktop. (Probably a good idea to make a folder called (iPad Neo Notes Data").
Now, eject the iPad and connect the iPhone
- Perform the same steps above to navigate to the Neo Notes app for the iPhone
- Copy the DATA items from you desktop into the Neo Notes apps by dragging onto the iTunes Neo Notes Data section.
You can eject the iPhone at this point ...
Now you should have an exact copy of notebooks on both devices. This is a good way to have yet another back up of your notebooks as well as EverNote, Google Drive, or DropBox ...
As long as you are careful, and don't make changes to BOTH DEVICES before performing this ... you can always have both devices in sync with each other.
Let me know if you have problems ... this has worked for me ...