• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 matkinson

matkinson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:42 AM

I've now filled a couple of the notebooks and am starting to get issues navigating to notes I know I've taken in the past. Does anyone have any hints on effectively structuring notes utilising tags?

I've become a little frustrated having used a tag to locate an old page of notes that I can't then move forwards/backwards through next/previous pages in my notebook. I have to back out and go through the Notebooks or Notebox link in order to traverse pages - but as there are no page numbers displayed (is this an option?) I then have to rapidly scroll through pages in order to locate the tagged page I was just viewing! Do I really need to tag every page the same to be able to move forwards/backwards through pages?

I see a similar problem with Activities (the calendar view). Again, it would be good to be able to move through notes once I've selected a "starting point" through this interface.

Any hints gratefully received!

• HowardLet and Josephkiz like this

#2 neoLAB North America

neoLAB North America

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 313 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:32 AM

matkinson,

We have added some tips regarding organization and search on our app support page (Chapter 3) on www.neosmartpen.com however we'd also be interested in hearing from our users as to how they manage their notes.

Personally, I create new notebooks in the app then move pages to them depending on the subject so I have separate books for work, kids sports and personal notes.  I also do use the search function extensively as I have multiple books and it works very well.

I am also a Evernote fanatic and use it to categorize many different parts of my life.  Being able to move a particular handwritten note into a Evernote note or notebook is extremely valuable as handwriting is also searchable in Evernote.

Regards

NeoLAB

• HowardLet likes this

#3 matkinson

matkinson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:26 PM

Thanks for the tips. It does see that I can utilise multiple books as a better solution than tagging pages (in one book) - now I just need to think of a suitable flat (not hierarchical) organisation.

I'd love to use Evernote - where hierarchical tags are now supported - but I'm afraid their cloud based server approach falls foul of corporate security and will be blocked. I fear similar issues may cloud (no pun untended) any eventual backup/sync solution you bring out :-(

• HowardLet likes this

#4 neoLAB North America

neoLAB North America

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 313 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:38 PM

Thanks for the tips. It does see that I can utilise multiple books as a better solution than tagging pages (in one book) - now I just need to think of a suitable flat (not hierarchical) organisation.

I'd love to use Evernote - where hierarchical tags are now supported - but I'm afraid their cloud based server approach falls foul of corporate security and will be blocked. I fear similar issues may cloud (no pun untended) any eventual backup/sync solution you bring out :-(

Matkinson.

We are working on our backup/sync solution.   Please check back in these forums in a couple of months for an update.

Regards

NeoLAB

#5 Grinnakerwave

Grinnakerwave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6217 posts
  • LocationParis

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:48 AM

Andy Mikita David F. Sandberg, Late Summer 2016 1080p BluRay x264-GRUNDiG[PRiME] Dony Pikota Time To Learn Original Mix Download Macintosh
Various_Artists_-_Hip_Hop_TXL_Vol_89-[320Kbps]-[2017]--(MixJoint com)
Continuum - Saison 2
PIRATADO 1 VR rar
Angels in America 1. Sezon
Mark Edwin Robinson

Share and comment
The Divide
AP028 ???????????????????????????????
Robbie Coltrane's Critical Evidence - 02 - Time Of Death - FC
Cream Club Classics

Ben Falcone
Pakistan Sports News: February 12, 2017
la rage au ventre streaming