• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jasondenning

jasondenning

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:14 AM

I really like the N2 pen, however there are some features that I would really like to see in the application (mostly audio export) - have you considered making the app open source, or providing specifications such that people could write third-party applications using the N2 so that the community can help add features?

Personally, I think this would be a "killer feature" that would differentiate the N2 from other smartpen offerings.

Thanks!

#2 Young Kyun Rha

Young Kyun Rha

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:19 AM

I really like the N2 pen, however there are some features that I would really like to see in the application (mostly audio export) - have you considered making the app open source, or providing specifications such that people could write third-party applications using the N2 so that the community can help add features?

Personally, I think this would be a "killer feature" that would differentiate the N2 from other smartpen offerings.

Thanks!

Hello Jason, 

As we mentioned in another thread, we are currently developing a more comprehensive back-up solution for Neo notes users, which will include audio files as well. 

Thank you for your interesting opinion on 'open source application'. We will make sure to share your idea to relevant teams for further consideration.

Cheers!

#3 jasondenning

jasondenning

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:30 AM

Right, I realize that there are many features that are planned - my point in this thread was that there are many people in the community (like me) who would be happy to help complete these features, for free, on an accelerated timeline - this is the benefit of Open Source Software.  Additionally, if the software were open source, it would instantly make the N2 a more desirable product than any other smartpen for many people.  I urge you to strongly consider this option - especially since the software is not a profit center itself, this seems like a win-win for your company.  Thanks for your consideration!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users